Thursday, March 01, 2007

Pink Mountaintops: Axis of Evol


Holy shit! I had completely forgotten about Stephen McBean's Pink Mountaintops until I breezed through an old Buddyhead interview in preparation for the Travis Keller feature. It didn't dawn on me until yesterday how criminally overlooked Axis of Evol was when it came down to year end lists, despite consistently positive reviews. I wanted to throw up a track from it, but I couldn't pick just one, so I picked two songs that pretty much sum up everything you need to know about Pink Mountaintops. It's all about God, the Devil, fucking, smoking dope, and rock 'n roll. You can't buy a better aesthetic than that. If you've got a second- check out a new track off the upcoming Single Life 7-inch at their myspace page.

So while everyone else is hyping other Jagjaguwar artists, we here at 18+ salute some other seriously-overlooked-but-total-fuckin-jams from the same outlet:

Pink Mountaintops - Plastic Man, You're The Devil
Pink Mountaintops - Lord, Let Us Shine

No comments: