Thursday, March 08, 2007

Judge a Book by its Cover: Macromantics - Moments Movement


I've decided to start a new section of 18+ in which we will judge records based entirely on their cover without ever listening to them. Our first edition features a record I got in the mail a few weeks back by Macromantics. I tried to find the album cover they used on the promo- but I couldn't track it down, so you're going to have to deal with the promotional picture they used for the album cover without goofy fonts to tell you what Macromantics is all about.

A quick glance at this chick gets you instantly thinking about Vanessa Carlton holding a limp dick... right? I really don't think that's such a bad gig- and then I suddenly realize why that dick is limp. Who can possibly get a hard-on listening to such lifeless, dull, and obnoxious bullshit? Besides, we both know that this chick is probably British, probably related to Lily Allen somehow, and is probably doing some totally awful sing-rapping involving a keyboard. Somebody obviously didn't give a fuck about how they were spending their money when they decided to finance this. I mean, I know this is probably an easy target, but I care even less about this broad then I do about websites ironically posting Arcade Fire updates all day long. It's not fucking funny and neither is your website. Shorten your news topics, quit trying to be clever, and stop pandering to whatever hip assholes bumping the new Panda Bear record that you think deserve any sort of credit. Happy Thursday, you blood sucking heathens.

No comments: