Monday, March 12, 2007

New Banner / New Music Monday


Typically, I fucking hate when writers include some personal anecdote about how busy their lives are, and how whatever they are doing in the real world is so important- but I'm just giving you guys the heads up so you know that if this entry fucking sucks, it's because it's rushed and I have other shit to do. For example, I need to bathe. I also would like to eat sometime today.

At this point, I don't even known how I came across Los Angeles' Alarma, but their anthem about fucking while high was something I could certainly relate to. I got in touch with the dudes, and Kevin said they are currently finishing the record, and these tracks will all be on it. It's being laid straight to tape- no digital manipulation- a technique I think Kevin picked up from working with Steve Albini at Electrical Audio while in his old band Alternator. Alarma definitely has the "L.A. sound", for better or worse, but I'm pretty into it, so fuck you. Besides, nobody complains when Luke talks about sludge doom metal bands all the time- so it's my turn to get on the soapbox.

Alarma - I wanna fu when ur hi
Alarma - Blacklist
Alarma - Dead Space

No comments: