Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Greg Ashley: Painted Garden


I'm not quite sure what is going on with me this week, but the combination of being sick and being stressed has made things just a little more warped than usual. Strangely enough- it was easy to find a soundtrack to such a bizarre few days in Greg Ashley's Painted Garden. Ashley also fronts The Gris Gris, and his new solo record offers a stripped down version of their previous work. Hell, Ashley's last solo outing was called Medicine Fuck Dream, and I don't think you'd be far off in describing my mindset with that. Things are a little spacey, a little drowsy, and definitely a little left of center. If you're feeling the same due to some kinda wacky sickness going around Chicago, and I'm not talking about Disturbed, this is a jam that's helped me sleep through the last few days. Plus, the dude is going on tour- so you can probably robo-trip at his shows, and I don't think he'll mind. I'm sure Luke will be there screaming about punk rock music while pelting him with cigarettes. Farrrrrr outttttt broooooo!!!!

Greg Ashley - Won't Be Long

No comments: