Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Avey Tare and Kria Brekkan: Pullhair Rubeye


When I recently spoke with Animal Collective member Geologist, he mentioned his band mate Avey Tare and former Múm member Kria Brekkan's upcoming record Pullhair Rubeye. I got a chance to track it down and give it a spin yesterday, and this is certainly the bum out record of the year.

Turns out that not only was the first leaked track backwards, but the entire record is! Upon listening to the record in length, the thought occurred to me that this may be a clever ploy to avoid leaking the proper version until the correct release date, but I'm pretty confident it was meant to be an exercise in reverse. Either way, I'm really fuckin' stoked that somebody had the balls to release an entirely backwards record- especially a release as highly anticipated as this one. I am definitely looking forward to reading the humiliating reviews where critics stumble awkwardly trying to romanticize the reverse experimentation. Sounds fucking killer to me! Here's a jam off it to soothe your curiosity.

Avey Tare and Kria Brekkan - Lay Lay Off, Faselam

No comments: